Welcome to Carmel Highlands/South Coast
Looking for incredible beachfront homes and mountaintop estates that can take you away from it all? Explore Carmel Highlands and the Big Sur South Coast.
Carmel Highlands is situated on hilly terrain at an elevation of 318 feet. This unincorporated community is a genuine gateway to secluded, paradise-like living with exceptional ocean views facing the vast Pacific Ocean.
Traveling south on Hwy 1 is the Big Sur coastline with properties offering panoramic ocean views, sunsets and a unique connection to wildlife and nature. It also has miles of hiking trails for the outdoor enthusiast.
Top local highlights
- Sunset and whale-watching from the comfort of your own home
– There’s no need to hop aboard a whale-watching tour boat or a sunset cruise when you can sit back and view them from your balcony.
- Highlands Inn
– One of the few notable commercial establishments in Carmel Highlands’ primarily residential territory, which features the renowned California Market at Pacific’s Edge restaurant.
- Point Lobos State Natural Reserve
– A must-visit destination for nature lovers immediately north of the Carmel Highlands community.